Microwave cleaning should be done regularly, but let’s face it – it doesn’t get done. You just close the door, and it’s out of sight, out of mind (until you use it again). Thus, your microwave is one of the most overlooked appliances in your household or office. It is a very popular appliance and modern convenience, but if left unchecked, it can also be challenging to clean. You have to get rid of the dried and caked on food particles that accumulate. And, they usually put up a fight.
Try this simple method for quickly getting rid of the buildup on the interior surface of your microwave:
- Fill a large glass bowl with two cups of water.
- Add one half cup of white distilled vinegar to water and stir.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for five to seven minutes.
- Let it stand in the microwave for an additional five minutes. The vapor and steam will soften the hard, dry particles.
- Wipe the microwave interior with a damp towel.
- If necessary, repeat the steps, until the inside of the microwave is clean.